SALTED PB&ME MOLASSES ICE CREAM [RECIPE]
(RECIPE INSPIRED BY AND PHOTOS PROVIDED BY DESSERT FOR TWO)
- 1 15-ounce can coconut cream
- 1/3 cup PB&Me
- 1/3 cup molasses (not blackstrap), plus extra for serving
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- roasted peanuts, for serving
- ice cream cones, for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut cream, PB&Me, molasses and salt. Turn the heat to medium low, and cook while stirring occasionally until everything melts together smoothly.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the vanilla.
- Cover and chill the mixture entirely, at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Pour into the bowl of your ice cream maker (follow the manufacturer's directions), and churn until it has the consistency of soft serve. It only takes about 15 minutes in my model.
- Scrape the mixture into a freezer-safe container, and freeze for about 30 minutes before serving. If serving much later, let it thaw on the counter for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Scoop ice cream, drizzle with molasses, sprinkle with salt and peanuts.