PB&ME CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE [RECIPE]
(Recipe inspired by and photos provided by Lemon Tree Dwelling)
- 1 stick + 2 TBSP of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup + 1 TBSP of flour
- 1 TBSP of cocoa powder
- 4 oz. of bittersweet baking chocolate
- ¼ cup of PB&Me
- 2 TBSP powdered sugar
- ½ TSP cinnamon
- ¼ cup og sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 TSP vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter and brush the inside of 6 ramekins to coat.
- Combine 1 Tbsp. flour and 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder. Flour the insides of the ramekins, tapping to remove excess.
- Place ramekins on a sturdy baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 stick butter and baking chocolate and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- In a small bowl, combine PB&Me, powdered sugar, 1 Tbsp. softened butter, and ½ tsp. cinnamon. Mix well; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla at medium-high speed about 3 minutes. Gently fold in melted chocolate and ¼ c. flour.
- Fill each ramekin about ⅔ full with batter, then divide peanut butter mixture evenly among ramekins and spoon on top. Cover with remaining chocolate batter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes,until the tops are cracked and edges feel firm, but the centers are still slightly jiggly.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen cake from ramekins; place a small plate over each ramekin and invert.
- Gently wiggle each ramekin to release the cake.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.