PB&ME CARAMEL POPCORN
(Recipe inspired by and photos provided by Sally's Baking Addiction)
- 10 cups unflavored popped popcorn
- 2/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts, optional
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup of PB&Me
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Pop 10-12 cups of popcorn and pour it into a large bowl. Toss in the peanuts. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, warm the honey and sugar together in a medium sized saucepan. Stir occasionally. Once it begins to bubble, allow it to boil for about 3 minutes. Add the salt and PB&Me and stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour the PB&Me mixture over the popcorn/nuts. Toss gently to coat practically every kernel. The popcorn will form large clusters. Spread the popcorn onto prepared baking sheet and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Makes 10-12 cups. Popcorn remains fresh for up to 10 days covered at room temperature. If storing in a tight container, be sure to break up the popcorn as you serve it because it will form large clusters.