CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD WITH PB&ME ICING
(Recipe inspired by and photos provided by A Latte Food)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 med-large bananas (or 4 small ones)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/2 cup if you prefer less chocolate)
Peanut Butter Icing:
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp PB&Me
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream (or enough to achieve a thick drizzling consistency)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease one 9x5 pan or two 8x4 pans.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs and beat until mixed.
- To the wet ingredients, sift in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour in mashed bananas, and mix until combined. Add in chocolate chips; stir.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes (for two 8x4 pans) or until cake tester comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs stuck to it. If using one 9x5 pan, bake at 350 for 30 minutes; then lower the temp to 325 and bake for 15-20 or until cake tester comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs stuck to it.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Move to a wire cooling rack.
Peanut Butter Icing
- In a bowl, beat PB&Me, powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer to create a thick drizzle consistency.
- When your banana bread has cooled, drizzle (or dunk) banana bread with icing.