VEGAN SWEET POTATO PB&ME BURGERS
(RECIPE INSPIRED BY AND PHOTOS PROVIDED BY VEGAN RICHA)
- ½ cup PB&Me
- ¼ cup oats
- 1.5 inch ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp packed cilantro
- 1 tsp soy sauce or use coconut aminos to make soy-free
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- red pepper flakes or sriracha
- 2 Tbsp flax seed meal or chia seeds
- ½ cup sweet potato puree or mash
- Oat flour or chickpea flour or breadcrumbs as needed
Almond Sriracha Sauce (use PB&Me or seed butter for variations)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Process PB&Me, oats, garlic ginger in a processor. Add chickpeas, cilantro and blend. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add everything from soy sauce through sweet potato puree/mash. Mix well.
- Add ground oats or chickpea flour to help reduce moisture in the mixture. Shape using greased hands or shape through a cookie cutter. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at pre-heated 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for another 5 to 10 mins.
- Make the almond Sriracha sauce. Layer kale/greens/lettuce, tomato, burger patty, almond sriracha sauce, cilantro and serve.