PB&ME CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
(Recipe inspired by and photos provided by Food Fanatic)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup PB&Me
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup PB&Me
- pure maple syrup (if desired)
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder.
In a medium bowl, whisk together PB&Me, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to the flour mixture in 2 takes, alternating with almond milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop about 1/3 cup pancake batter onto a hot griddle or a large saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Cook pancakes until golden on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.
In a small bowl, microwave the 1/2 cup PB&Me (mixed with water) for 20 seconds, and stir until smooth and melted.
- Serve each pancake with a tablespoon of peanut butter on top, and maple syrup, if desired!