PB&ME BANANA FRENCH TOAST [RECIPE]
(Recipe inspired by and photos provided by Mariahs Pleasing Plates)
- 8 Slices of Bread
- 1/2 cup of PB&Me
- 2 Bananas, sliced
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Almond milk
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons of coconut oil
- Coconut or Maple Syrup, for serving
- Preheat a skillet on medium-high heat on the stovetop.
- Spread 1-2 Tablespoons of PB&Me on each of the 4 pieces of sliced bread. Top evenly with the banana slices. Cover with remaining 4 slices of bread to create sandwiches.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Place each sandwich in the bowl to soak up the custard mixture for 10 seconds on each side. Next, dip the custard soaked french toast into the bowl of crushed peanut butter cereal. Coat each side well.
Add coconut oil to the preheated skillet.
- Cook each sandwich for 2-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with warmed syrup and extra PB&Me for spreading.