PB & JELLY STUFFED PANCAKES
(RECIPE INSPIRED BY AND PHOTOS PROVIDED BY RECIPE RUNNER)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/3 cup PB&Me
- 1/4-1/3 cup jelly/jam of choice
- Chopped honey roasted peanuts, more PB&Me, and maple syrup for topping the pancakes
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, egg white, honey and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and fold together with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Heat up an electric griddle according to manufacturers instructions.
- Scoop approximately 3 tablespoons of the pancake batter onto the hot griddle.
- When bubbles start to form on top of the pancake, spoon about a heaping teaspoon of PB&Me and a teaspoon of jelly onto the centre of the pancake.
- Cover the PB&Me and jelly with another tablespoon of the pancake batter then flip the pancake over and cook until done.
- Repeat the process with the remaining pancake batter, PB&Me and jelly.
- Top the pancakes with more peanut butter and jelly, chopped peanuts, and maple syrup if desired.