CHOCOLATE PB&ME SWIRL MUFFINS
(RECIPE INSPIRED BY AND PHOTOS PROVIDED BY BAKERITA)
- 3-4 large ripe bananas (1⅔ cups mashed or 380 grams)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup of PB&Me
- ⅓ cup (50 grams) coconut flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup dark chocolate chunks (make your own to keep refined sugar free)
- ½ cup PB&Me to swirl into batter
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a 12 pan muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and PB&Me until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins. Add a dollop of peanut butter to the top of the muffin and swirl in with a knife of toothpick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 16-19 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.